Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sales in Question?

 Lots of comments on the blog about sales.  I did a little research internally, by talking to other associates and customers about sales. Of course many people are in the dark over what is being sold and what is not being sold.  I figured if I asked enough people I might see a pattern. Here is my opinion.  Power sales (if any)  are not happening. URey has the biggest problem internally it has ever had in my opinion. Power is trying to compete against a much bigger platform known as ERA. Sure ERA does not have all the bells and whistles of Power, but it also much cheaper. With the economy in the dumps who would want to step up to the next more expensive system?  URey has two products competing against themselves for the same market share. It is hard for a sales person to put one product ahead of another. Especially when the cheaper product is installed at so many customers.  In my opinion I think the best thing URey could do is start scaling back on Power.  I know this is Bob's bady and it will probably never happen while he is in charge of the ship, but it makes the most logical sense. Rather than sales talking  to a customer about 2 different products working differently, let them focus on selling just one. The success will be much higher. On top of that Bob could reduce TAC, development, and installations for Power saving tons of money. We know Bob is all about the money, so I am surprised he overlooked this scenario. He could make so much more money by scaling back to 1 system and just living off that cash. We know he does not care about the people, so the ones that worked on Power could just shift over to ERA or leave.  Why keep dumping money into a system that is not installing, and the customer base is shrinking? 

No comments:

Post a Comment