Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Trying to Learn?!?

   Thanks for all the comments trying to explain Bob. I am a very slow learner.  Here is the question that has bugged me since "The dark days of the merger."  If Bob is so competitive and wants lots of money, why does he continue to lose business?  Hear me out for a second.  Let's state the facts, and maybe someone can point something out that I do not understand.  Here is what I know. (very little) ol>li>Bob is a greedy grab ass. (everyone agrees) /li>li>Sure Reynolds is full of ass clowns in management. Which business does not have a bunch of idiots that are "yes" men within? That happens naturally in all businesses. There are idiots at every level within Reynolds, not just management. /li>li>Bob is competitive and all decisions go through him./li>li>As I understand it layoffs are occurring in every business in the US because of the bad economy. I am not sure if URey is above or below the national average./li>li>People outside Reynolds have claimed for years Bob is a smart business man, but he is a very wacky person. (Pre-merger quotes) /li>li>Dealers dislike Bob./li>li>OEMs dislike Bob./li>li>Most employees dislike Bob. /li>/ol>So here is the million dollar question. With all  the facts above, "Why does Bob allow dealers to simply walk away?"  Why would he not do everything possible to try and save accounts from simply leaving for another competitor? Sure he can reduce employees to offset, but even he knows if the business is not growing it is dying. I don't run a multi-million dollar company, but I know the basics. Without (happy) customers you are going to be out of business in a short period of time. In order for Bob to pocket cash he needs someone to pay him. At the rate the customers are leaving there will be no money coming in. Bob is very greedy, but yet he continues to lose revenue.  I just don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment