Monday, June 29, 2015

Auto Industry and the effects on the DMS

The Trooper  has been following all the developments in the auto industry very closely.  The auto industry is struggling no denying that, however what I would like to hear is how is this going to effect URey and competition?  Sure GM and Chrysler are going to reduce, but the dealerships they reduce are going to be the much smaller dealers. How many of these were actually URey dealers? I don't know the answer to that.  Don't get me wrong URey and ADP will have to shrink. The dealer base is going to shrink. All DMS's, will need to shrink due to the fact of downsizing. I understand that part of the equation. What I still am questioning is how much overall market share will be lost with URey? I am guessing around 30%. Some people have said that I am crazy it will be much bigger than that. They could be right.  Update 1: Since attaching Google Analytics to the blog (over a month ago), I am seeing an average hit rate of about 1,167 unique visitors per day. Pretty good hit count of people visiting the blog. If you have a story or information, within 24 hours over 1000 people will know about it. Amazing... Powerful stuff. I will give more statistics in future blog posts.  Update 2: I will continue to moderate the comments. It has worked pretty well and reduces some of the junk. Keep in mind if there is too much junk in your comment I will reject it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment