Monday, June 29, 2015

Follow the rules


 Happy New Year to everyone.  Yes  has made it through another year. I am still here alive and kicking (barely).  I come in everyday and no longer ask questions. I now know what the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay "GITMO" must feel like. Sure there are good days, people leave you alone and then there are the bad days. I try and hide under my desk those days.  What I find really amazing is many of the former UCS managers are brainwashed. They have been living this way for so long, they don't know any better. They believe this is way all companies are run. They believe that you work around the clock, and follow orders without thinking. I am not trying to say this to be mean, but they truly don't know what it is like to have empowerment to make decisions. The only way of life they know, is the person above them makes the decision, and without questioning, thinking, or reasoning the orders are carried out.  I remember when Rey was purchased, many were talking in the hallways and cubicles. I asked if they are worried about the new culture that UCS brings to the table. Many laughed it off, and told me not to worry because "the UCS culture can never take over a company like Reynolds. Reynolds is too big and has too many levels. It will take 10 years or so and by then we will have a new CEO". Well I just wanted to tell some of my fellow Rey associates they were wrong. Most are now gone, but I remain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment