Monday, June 29, 2015

Halloween scare


 Happy Halloween everyone.  I feel like everyday is Halloween. Everyday I am scared to death of what the new thing will be today. (going to have a job, relocation, reduced pay, etc)  I sat back the other night and did some thinking (don't worry I only think twice a year).  The really scary part is Reynolds was completely turned inside out within 3 years of being merged. Think about how the company focus has changed. How the customers perceive URey now. Think about competition and how they think URey is a joke. It is totally amazing that a massive company like Reynolds has been totally restructured from the ground up within 3 years. One man (Bobo) was able to change everything (I mean everything) within 3 years.  Bobo changed mind sets, focus, strategy, competition, pay structure, buildings, building layouts, handbooks, health insurance,  employees, managers, and even company goals. It is really scary how he was able to change so much in so little time.  I guarantee no other time in the history of Reynolds has so much changed in such a short amount of time. It is not like Reynolds was a little company either. Reynolds was about 1 billion in revenue per year, and this guy was able to change every single item. Of course the changes are not done yet either.  If that is not a Halloween scare I don't know what is. He was able to totally change the lives of so many people.  When the merger happened, someone said to me. "No big deal another CEO with big ideas which won't get completed." I laugh to this day when I think about that statement. The person that made the statement is no longer with the company. Before the merger this same person told me they would retire from Reynolds. Tell me that person's life has not changed direction.  So if you are reading this blog and think your company can not and will not change. I have proof that if you have a workaholic, lunatic CEO then yes your company will change. It might even change very quickly.  Boo... 

No comments:

Post a Comment