Monday, June 29, 2015

For those let go...


 I was contacted by a fellow associate who was recently let go. They wanted to provide information to others that were recently let go from URey. This is a longer email, than most, but I feel it is a good post for everyone to know.  Here is what they had to say: Reynolds has contracted a third party HR company, TALX Corporation, that's sole purpose is to find ways to prevent Reynolds from having to pay unemployment.  It is in Reynolds' best interest to not have to pay unemployment as their % rate that they currently pay in for UI continues to rapidly increase due to the very large number of termed employees over the past two years.  The more TALX can save Reynolds by contesting UI claims, the more $ TALX makes from Reynolds. TALX is such a sleezy, unethical company that it really shouldn't surprise any of us that Bobo contracts with them.  If you google TALX, you will see that they have had multiple charges against them from the SEC, the FTC, and current/past customers.  They went so far as to fabricate a completely false document in order to try and intimidate me into not showing up for my hearing (Reynolds appealed the judges decision TWICE when the court determined I was let go without cause and I won both times). My point in sharing this with you is that others should know what kind of crap they're (URey) trying to pull now (although it probably won't come as a surprise with Bobo's reputation) and they should NOT be intimidated by ANYTHING that Reynolds threatens them with upon termination. When an employer appeals UI compensation for a termed employee, the employer (URey, essentially TALX since they represent URey) is required to submit a copy of supporting documentation to the State Unemployment Insurance office two weeks prior to the hearing and another copy to the termed employee.  What TALX and URey didn't know is that I called the local UI office the day I received notice of the hearing and had them fax over everything that URey submitted to them in allegation against me.  In the meantime, TALX sent a FedEx package to me that arrived ONE DAY prior to the hearing (so I wouldn't have time to prepare for the hearing) that supposedly contained the exact documentation provided to the local UI office.  The documentation sent to UI was very different from the documentation sent to me.....  In fact, the documentation provided to UI included a completely fabricated memo that supposedly came from my manager!  I am sure URey and TALX knew I would contest this and did NOT include it in my package nor did they know I received a copy of it from the local UI office. Upon receipt of the FedEx package from TALX the day before the hearing, I contacted the person whose name and telephone number were on the package from TALX and asked her why I received my packet one day prior to the hearing and why the info I received was different from what was sent to UI.  The woman demanded to know 'how' I got her name and telephone number (perhaps you shouldn't include it on your FedEx pkg next time... not the brightest people...) and then stated she couldn't answer that question and that she shouldn't be talking to me and then hung up on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment