Monday, June 29, 2015

Bad press does not help matters

The Tropper is asleep at the wheel. I noticed someone posted a comment pertaining to the AN article.  Some very interesting things about the article I would like to point out Reynolds CEO Bob Brockman told Automotive News during an interview in October that its rival has installed 10 or fewer systems. "Since ADP signed up for the GM IDMS program, they've got like one dealer installed," Brockman says. "I might be wrong by a factor of 10; it might be 10. But it isn't many." I have been told many times that our competition is no longer ADP. Why does he care how many dealers ADP has installed?  Bob needs to start to worry about the market share, if he expects Reynolds to survive long term. Sure Reynolds is strong now, but IBM said the same thing before Microsoft made them beg for mercy.  I wish Bob would look at history and learn from it. Look at the companies that dominated, and you can not even find around anymore.  Examples WordPerfect Novel Lotus Borland Commodore Compuserve Just many of examples of tech companies that thought they were great, and next thing you know they are out of business. The software industry moves at an incredible rate.  I really hope all this bad press is not going to effect Reynolds, but I think it will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment