Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Buyout Advice

Trooper receives a lot of emails everyday.  I am apologizing to anyone who as sent me an email, with a story or topic that I have not posted yet. I am trying to post all the emails I receive. Thanks and keep sending in stories, rumors, or topics that you want posted. I will always post your email anonymous.  Here is an email from a former associate that was on the outside and he went through the URey buyout process. I have never experienced anything like it and can not imagine going through the process. Read and judge for yourself.  I worked for a start up that had only 50 employees when I started. I put my mind, soul and body into that small company and watched it grow over the years to over 300 employees. 6 years later we learned that Bob was buying our company and the organization that I helped build took a 180 degree turn over night. The company I worked for made you feel like they were fortunate/lucky to have you as an employee. The new company (UCS/R&R) made you feel like you were lucky to have a job. I will never forget my very first meeting with my new boss, remember this was my first experience with the new UCS/R&R management. One of his very first comments to me was, “You make too much f***ing money. As my jaw hit the floor, he went on to tell me that my salary would be reduced by $30,000 a year and I would get a new compensation plan very shortly. (Nice to meet you too)  After they picked my brain and gathered all the data I shared with them about "their" new company, they changed my title, took away my executive status and told me it wasnt a demotion. What a crock! It was apparent that my days would be numbered because I actually possessed a brain and could think for myself. My down fall was that I actually shared my opinion when asked, even if it differed from my superiors. I didnt know they really didnt want to hear what I had to say. They only give lip service to the old open door policy, if you dare give your opinion it will not be good for you. If you want to keep your job, be a good yes man, tell them what they want to hear and keep a large bottle of lube handy. Heaven help you if you actually share what you really think. My previous job evaluation was near perfect and I won the top award at trip Club Trip for my position. The end of this story was when I was told they no longer needed my services, no reason given. They were nice enough to pay me through the end of that week..Im just glad the decision was made before they sucked every bit of individualism out of me. Everyones experience may not be like this, but I only call it like I experienced it. So, if you are part of a company that has been bought, proceed with caution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment